Thursday, August 9, 2012

Morning Rituals

My husband wakes up long before the sun to tend to his Greek lexical studies, his exegetical Scripture meditations, and his discection of the care of souls. Once I eventually wake up, I do as I please, and the following is a typical early morning dialogue.
"Sweetie, really quick, did I tell you I got a great deal on milk at the store?" yes my love
"Sweetie, want to hear something funny I thought of? Little Tima from church calls me 'Meowmeowm'." That's funny my love
"Sweetie, do you think if I wear my pink dress today it will go with the new sandals you got me?" yes my love
"Sweetie do you think I'll look pretty?" Of course my dear
And so it goes on, and on and on, until eventually he leaves for work. And then I wait, and wait and wait, for his return, so I can tell him even more wonderful and interesting things.

1 comment: