Friday, February 5, 2016

No Need to Floss

    


It was dark by the time I pulled in. Baba was putting the girls to bed, and the lab was clear across town. It was narrower than I had imagined, and each station was filled with gadgets and headlights and magnifying glasses. It smelled of instant coffee. Everywhere you looked there were torches and impressions and ground stone to mix any shade of teeth imaginable.

This strange world is our new livelihood.

His work is that of an artist and a mad scientist, hand crafting porcelain crowns. He quit his day job and bought a business; the culmination of a thousand conversations about how to do ministry and family. We took a deep breath and went all in. Slowly exhaling, we watch the scenes of God's leading and provision unfold. I'm investing everything into this dream of his, believing I hold the power to unlock my husband's potential. I watch other women do it too, put their own need for security aside; there our husbands flourish, limitlessly. Someday I will cash in, there's either a crown on earth or a crown in heaven waiting for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment