Monday, February 21, 2011

My First


          Time stands still. With a photograph or a journal entry, a moment is captured forever.  The glory of man fades away. But the time capsule will remain buried in our yard till the end of time. And the words typed here will orbit cyber space even longer.

         I want to hold on to the moments of life. I want to be a better communicator. I want to remain connected to you who are far. And I want to be like the ones I love, and most of you have a blog.

         I love reading your blogs, and it gives me the courage to have one of my own. You’re vulnerable, random, creative, and quirky. You’re funny and weird and deep.  Your grammar sucks, its immaculate, its whatever you want it to be. Ten times a day I wish I had one. Today I wanted to write about all these things.
I saw a robin in a tree. 

I got a bug hut. 

I got new dresses at Urban. 

I finished Les Mis.

I went for a walk.

I made some really good burned butter cookies. 

I sat with my sister for hours, reading old journals. 

I love the She and Him cd.

I went to a cooking class. 

And my heart soared. 

Here’s to my day.  To blogging. To birds, and songs and sisters.  

4 comments:

  1. Sweet start, Miriam. May you not grow weary of posting quirky, random things and the things of life that keep you going. These will undoubtedly point others to the light as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. les mis...very impressive...thick book. what did you learn in your cooking class? what is "she and him"?...a band? good blogs create dialogue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be patient as I figure out this dialogue:) Tammy thanks for your sweet words. Audi She and Him is a great band. You would love the feel of the music. I mean what do i know but i think its pretty trendy- and real soothing at the same time. Its with the girl... uh.. Zoe Deshanelle from Elf.

    Diana Jaggard got me into Les Mis, and lots of other tricks for being a well rounded woman. I love the imagery of grace vs. law. A few weeks ago Bogdan (pronounced "bahg-din" :))and I saw it on Broadway. very nice. and Diana has the soundtrack loaded up on my ipod for my 17 HOUR FLIGHT. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. miiiiiiiiir!!! i love your blog. i'm so happy you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete